- Start blogging, with pics and stuff like this post you’re reading.
- Update the background pic on the home page of this web site to the distinctive glasses I wear at readings. You can see them on the pic on my About page.
- Add “Author” and another descriptor along the lines of “Dysfunction Expert” to my name at the top of this web site – suggestions gladly accepted. How can I work “Superstar Billionaire Poet” into it?
- Add “Coming Soon” buttons to my book pages that will, if possible, take readers to my Amazon author page.
- Set up an Instagram;
- a video trailer for Do the Wrong Thing and
- making a banner to use at readings – that would be unusual, startling and weird – hurray!
- My genre is/will be expressed as “mid-20th century character-driven gothic narrative,” which is a mouthful. Hmm.
- I’ll create a second log line for Do the Wrong Thing. My current: “Do the Wrong Thing combines the detail, introspection and awkward humour of a Karl Ove Knausgaard with the irreverence of a Jenny Lawson,” speaks to literary readers but not to others who would equally enjoy the book.
These are the take-aways I got at the latest Let’s Get Visible, Self-publishing and Book Marketing Support Group meeting. Thanks to Alison Price, James and Gerald for the excellent insights and advice. Please join me in reading Alison’s book, Your Oriental Planet: Astrological insights into perception and vocation. It addresses questions like “What do people say about you before you arrive? How are you introduced? What is your reputation that goes before you?” When you finish it, please also join me in leaving her a review!